Monday, September 17, 2012

Tokusatsu at Q Pop

Last Saturday I got to be apart of the Japanese sci-fi exhibition called Tokusatsu. I'm not super familiar with the genre, but I am always grateful when I get to draw monsters! Here is my final piece called 'King Ghidora.'
I made him using a linoleum print. It's a process where you carve into a linoleum block and roll ink on it and stamp the paper layer by layer. I'm not going to lie, it was harder than I anticipated and I almost gave up twice. Out of six papers I started with, only one really turned out.
 The gallery show was completely packed! There were food trucks, a costume contest, toys, all sorts of fun things, and AMAZING art. There were a ton of awesome pieces that you can still check out at the store in Little Tokyo or the Q Pop online store.





1 comment:

Stu Livingston said...

clapping mecha godzilla might be my new favorite thing